April 02, 2009

End of term

My god what a couple of months it's been. I have already completed 1 term of school, had 3 exams, 3 presentations & 1 debate. Have used 3 black printer cartridges & 3 reams of paper. I am enjoying it immensely but am finding the amount of work overwhelming at times, I spend 6 hours a day in class & another 5-6 hours per day studying/doing homework, but it is paying off as my average marks are around 85 - 97%. Just hope I can keep it up.
On the weight loss front I have dropped from a size 24 - 26 to a loose 18. Since October last year I've dropped 39.6kg, however since surgery its 21.5kg which has only been just over 10 weeks. I am feeling so much better in myself, have another 25 kg to lose, my goal is to be a size 12 by Xmas time, which is very achievable. I eat whatever I want but have had no fried food, chocolate or anything that's not really healthy. I check all labels before I eat, & only select foods that are low GI. I only eat 3 meals a day consisting of around 1 cup (250grams) of food at a time, have limited my coffee intake to 2 cups & only in the morning, to appease my sweet tooth I have a diet ovaltine at night, then rest of the day I fill up on water. My average daily meal consists of porridge for breakfast, baked beans for lunch & 1 banana, vegetarian omelette or stew for tea, every now & then I have a glass of sugar free orange juice, I have a minimum of 2 litres of water a day. I have just joined a gym to start building up stamina. At school I always take the stairs & it averages to 400 steps a day, lugging 2 bags full of text books, files, water etc....
On a different note today I go into hospital to repair my spigelian hernia & remove a tumour that has grown around the femoral artery in my groin. I am starting to get a bit nervous now but am trying not to dwell on it too much as I cant change whats happening, I'm just remaining positive...

1 comment:

Elisa said...

shit you are skinnier than me !!!!!
how awesome is that....

rest rest rest and dont worry it will all work out in the end...

love you lots