February 07, 2009

2 weeks after surgery

I saw the surgeon Jason Winnett on Friday 6th Feb for my post op check, everything has healed very well and I was shown where the port is by feeling it. (When I lie on my right side I can feel it)
Jason asked what exercise I liked doing...my reply was look at me do you think I got this way by enjoying exercise, I hate to sweat. He said I need to learn to love to perspire...YUCK! So he suggested walking up & down a pool, looks like I HAVE to get my bathers out & venture down the pool...urgh
He is really happy with my weight loss, since surgery (16 days) Ive dropped 6.8 kg so since the beginning of the year I have lost 10.6kg.
I see him on the 6th March for my first fill, I am really scared about it.
I'm having trouble getting through 175gms of yoghurt & 1 medium banana at lunch, Jason said that over the next 4 weeks the stomach will settle even more & will allow for more food, I'm quite happy with the way it is now so am keeping my meal sizes still to 1 cup (250mls) of food. If I get hunger pangs I have 2 tic tacs & water.
I'm getting hungry around 4pm
I'm now on week 3 & 4 of my diet which is minced meats/mashed vegies & soft fruit slowly over the next 4 weeks I've got to start introducing proper meals into my diet so the band & stomach get used to the different textures, lumps etc...
The biggest problem I'm having is eating enough calories a day, I'm supposed to be on 1700 calories (approx 7000kj) but can only manage around 500/600 (2500kj).
Drinking 2 litres of water is difficult as I can't have fluids for half an hour before meals & up to 1 - 1 1/2 hours afterwards
I cooked shepherds pie for dinner last night & I enjoyed it so much...I was in heaven. Have split the remainder of the meal up into meal size portions so have 4 meals in the freezer for myself & 2 for Dave (his are larger), so the 1 meal I made last night fed 2 grown men + Dave had another helping, my serving & 6 other servings for later on, not bad out of 900grams of mince (heart smart). I worked out the calorie value of the meal for 40gms its 54 calories or 225kj.
So my weight loss to date is as follows:
2/1 118.1
6/1 116.4 (started Optislim)
14/1 115.0
19/1 114.3 (banded)
25/1 112.3
27/1 110.6
1/2 109.5
3/2 108.3
7/2 107.5

No comments: