May 10, 2009

What's happened in May

Today is Mothers Day and I've been up since 3am as I can't sleep due to the pain in my abdomen & groin. 
Last weekend Bec & Paige stayed with Dave & myself. On the Saturday morning we went to the market at Beckley Oval I bought Paige a beanie that looks like a puppy's head & a toy puppy as she is obsessed with dogs. We came home & played on Facebook playing Vampire Wars, at least now I know how to play the game properly. In the afternoon we decided to take the dogs for a walk around the block, we got them all in their harnesses & set off, Bec took the 2 small ones as they tend to pull at the lead, I took Dufus & pushed the pram. We had only got around the corner when a large aggressive German Shepard ran across the road & attacked the 2 small dogs. We were screaming for help, the shepard got near the pram so Dufus growled, the shepard then attacked Dufus right above Paige, as a result the pram  tipped over. I pulled Dufus away which is no mean feat as she weighs 27kg. I was so worried about Paige,we were still screaming out for someone to get their dog, I managed to get Dufus away from the pram but in the process pulled all my stomach so was in absolute agony as I was still very sore from surgery. Bec yelled out that we had a baby out here & finally the owner came out & stood at his gate & called the dog, thankfully we weren't bitten & Paige was ok just very traumatized, she suffered with terrible nightmares that night. 
By Wednesday the pain hadn't gotten any better so I rang my surgeon for an appointment, I got in to see him that day, he checked me over & I had just pulled on all my wounds, whilst there I informed him of my wound from a previous surgery (2 years prior) that hadn't healed & was still weeping pus & blood( I saw the gynecologist that performed the surgery in January & she told me that it was ok, it can take up to 2 years for a scar to heal, news to me!!) & that it was causing me considerable pain as was the lump in my right groin, so he ordered a fistulagram (CT) for the wound & a ultrasound on my groin. I had the fistulagram on the Thursday in Footscray. They insert a plastic tube into the wound & inject dye into it to see what is happening, it was  a very painful procedure. afterwards Dave wanted to know if I wanted to go to Highpoint shopping centre but I was in too much pain ( for me to refuse going shopping is a miracle) we went home. I have the ultrasound done on Thursday & see the surgeon again on Friday to schedule surgery (yet again). He told me that the wound will have to be debraided & all of the necrotized tissue removed, the healing will take a considerable time. So it looks like I will not be going back to Tafe for another term. So I will not be graduating this year...not happy Jan.
On a happier note I have lost more weight, when the surgeon weighed me he was happy with my loss which was 3 kg in 2 weeks even with no exercise, he gave me another fill of the band adding only .5mls. I am down to a size 16...and weigh 92.2kg
I am sick to death of lying in bed, there is only so many books you can read, or games played on the computer, I don't watch TV as I find it too boring & sitting for any length of time is painful. I have almost caught up with all my homework from Tafe but am finding it difficult as I haven't covered it in class time. 
I was looking at airfares on the internet & Tiger airways have a deal to Perth for $118 one way, so once this next lot of surgery is complete & I am able to travel I might go to Perth for a little while, I may even get up to Karratha to visit Missy & Al. 
Today Bec, Paige & myself are heading to Highpoint to get some retail therapy, we were going to go to the Vic markets but Bec's pram is still broken & Paige is too heavy to carry, Dave is going to Bendigo to have lunch with his family, I wasn't invited...no surprises there! Not that I would go in any case but an invite would have been nice. So thats my news for May

No comments: